The logfiles are located within the web space (and thus on the same filter arrays as the web space itself). Technically this is the only way possible. EUserv provides its customers the same security for logfiles as for the rest of the web space.
Currently logfiles are handled as follows:
- logfiles are edited on a daily basis (statistics are generated as well).
- logfiles bigger than 10Mbyte will be zipped.
- logfiles older than 30 days will be deletedt.
Since May 2012 all logfiles are switched off in new accounts by default and can be switched on via the customer center. No customer needs more than 50MBytes under normal use of web space.
Currently the following things regarding the web space at EUserv have to be kept in mind:
- Mail boxes and the disk space they require don't count as web space so they are expanding the web space.
- Databases and the disk space they require don't count as web space, so they are expanding the web space.